- Neighbors Magazine of Four Points and Neighbors Magazine of Lakeway: I compile and copy edit the content for two, monthly community magazines. I also interview families and write articles on them for the cover story each month.
- Riding the Wave: I write a semi-weekly blog, that focuses on emotional well-being.
- hubpages.com: I have published fifteen articles on the site, including Potty Training: the Naked Truth, for an Editor’s Choice Award.
- mommafiles.com: While my children were very young, I kept an online running journal of the perils of parenthood.
- darbytek.com: I assisted an IT company in new website creation and web content and performed final editorial duties.
- Policy writing for The Corner School: While at the Texas Association of School Boards, I wrote and edited policies and web content for the onsite child care center.
I’ve picked up a few other abilities along my way, learning to be a writer full-time. I am proficient with…
- Word Press
- Mail Chimp
- Google Docs & Google Drive
- Converting almost any file into jpeg format
I went from being a preschool teacher to a first grade teacher, to an engineer’s assistant and part-owner of an engineering consulting company, to a fitness coach, to a full-time writer. I have a wealth and variety of work experience from which to draw, and it all contributes to what I do now. For more, see my Linked In profile.